Hello again. We hope you had a great week.
We had a quiet week this week, with no surprises and good pick up on the ongoing MRs for G and X.
As always, here’s the full back catalog of past updates:
[If the OS release process is new to you, please see this PWK blog post for some background on what goes into the OS release process.]
Updates in progress:
- Moto G (1st Gen) Lollipop is fully available and over 93% of members have downloaded it. We have reached the peak of installs for this update now. There will always be some members who decide not to update, so as of today, we are removing this update from the report moving forward.
- Moto X (1st Gen) EMR is at the same point as the Moto G MR, so as of today, we are removing this update from the report moving forward.
- Moto X (1st Gen) Lollipop was at 85.6% this morning. That’s the big jump we were expecting. Again, we’ll be sending out reminders to those who haven’t downloaded it yet starting this week. This, too, is peaking out, so we’ll take this one out of the report.
Remaining Updates to complete:
Moto E (1st Gen.) - We are starting QA shortly for this build and are looking to get the internal dogfood process started as soon as possible afte that. If there are no issues discovered, we will then start the SLATE and Lab entry process. As we mentioned last week, we are still a few weeks away (but a week closer !) from this being ready to go. We will let you know a more concrete plan when we are through the QA process.
Moto E (2nd Gen.) - No news is good news here. SLATE testing started on Monday, and we are still following the plan of record from last week.
Current estimation dates for Moto E (2nd Gen.) are shown below:
- If there are no issues discovered in SLATE, we will enter the lab on Monday, February 15th.
- We’ll do a public soak test with a small number of our members immediately following, starting on Monday, February 22nd.
- We’ll roll out the Over the Air (OTA) update to the Moto E (2nd Gen.) phones starting on Monday, February 29th with the same staggered rollout process we have used for the other phones.
We are really pleased with the progress of the uptake on the X and the continued progress on the both versions of E.
We will give you a progress report again next week.
As always, stay WiFi my friends.