Today, Motorola began the Maintenance Release (MR) soak for the Moto Z Play. If all goes well with the soak, Motorola will release to production at 100% on Monday, March 13, 2017. Please see below for release notes and instructions on how to install this update.
Moto Z Play MR
- Build Number: NPN25.137-24-1
- Android™ 7.0 Nougat
- November 2016 Android security patch
- See a full list of enhancements in Motorola's Release Notes
Installing the Update
Please follow the instructions below to install a system update on your Moto Z Play.
- Go to Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About phone.
- Tap System updates.
- Tap Update Motorola software.
- If the update is available to you, you'll see a pop-up notification asking you to download. Tap Download.
- When the download is complete, tap Install now.
- After the software is installed, your phone will restart automatically.
If you run into any issues, please contact Republic Help.