Billing & Payments

You don’t need to worry about a paper statement, mailing a check, or even logging into My Account to pay your bill. We’ll charge the cost of your monthly service to your credit card for you each month. Find out more about billing and payments with Republic below.

Forms of payment accepted

Republic Wireless accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit and debit cards.

No other forms of payment are accepted at this time, including prepaid/reloadable credit cards or gift cards (whether from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or other providers).

Note: Payment method must be a valid United States credit or debit card, and a valid United States billing address is required.

Duplicate Pending Authorizations

Some of our members (less than 1%) have reported seeing duplicate charges on their bank or credit card statement. Although it may appear that Republic Wireless is charging you twice, the duplicate "charge" is only an authorization. Banks typically will drop the first authorization and replace it with the actual charge so you never see two amounts. However, under some circumstances, the first authorization doesn't get immediately removed.

While duplicate pending authorizations are still possible as an anomaly, the majority of these have been resolved.

When do you charge my card?

New members (you don’t currently have a Republic phone)

• On the day you place your order with us, you’ll be charged the price of the smartphone (plus taxes) and a non-refundable shipping fee per order.

• On the day your order ships, you’ll be charged your first monthly plan charge (plus taxes and surcharges) per phone to the credit card we have on file for your account.

• On your scheduled bill cycle date, which is determined by the date you placed your order, you’ll be charged your monthly plan amount. (It's possible that you could see a prorated amount for your first monthly plan charge if there's more than a day's gap between the day you order and the day your phone ships. For example, if you order on 4/28, but your phone doesn't ship until 4/30, we'll prorate your first month's service from 4/30 to 5/27, instead of a full month.)

Existing accounts

• On the day you place your order with us, if you’re an existing member who'd like to add additional lines to your account, you’ll be charged for each additional smartphone (plus taxes) you purchase from us, plus a non-refundable shipping fee per order.

• On your scheduled bill cycle date, your recurring monthly plan charge (plus taxes and surcharges) will resume. Your first plan charge will include a prorated amount (from the date your phone is shipped until your next scheduled bill cycle date) and your normal recurring monthly plan charge.

See Shipping for more info on how to view your order status.

Bill cycle date

Your bill cycle date is determined by the date you placed your order. You can look up your bill cycle date in the My Account portal or in the Republic Wireless App:

• In the My Account portal
    Go to Bills & Payments. Under Most Recent Statement, the date range displayed is your bill cycle date.

• In the Republic Wireless App
    The date range shown in the Data Usage section of the Republic Wireless App is your bill cycle date.

Taxes and surcharges

There are two general categories of taxes and surcharges that you may see on your online statement: cost recovery charges and mandatory taxes and surcharges.

Cost Recovery

These are fees that we charge to recoup costs associated with charges that are incurred through various governmental programs that are not taxes per se. The services provided do incur added costs which we are allowed to pass through and recoup so that our business doesn't wind up under water. Please see below for some examples of these types of fees:

• Federal Compliance Fee
    We charge this fee to help recoup some of the company's cost in funding federal programs for the hearing impaired, schools, libraries, and rural health care support, which are not taxes per se but where we are allowed to pass costs through to end users.

Government Taxes and Surcharges

Taxes and surcharges are payments that we're obligated to charge you based upon established tax and regulatory laws.  Please see below for some examples on these types of invoice line items:

• FUSF and other Federal communications service fees
  • State and Local Taxes and Surcharges
    Since there are such a wide variety of taxes in each and every service location, the following are just a few of the State and Local taxes that you may see on your online statement:
    • E911 Surcharges
    • Utility Users Tax
    • Sales Tax
    • Statutory Gross Receipts
    • Transit Tax
    • Communications Services Tax
    • Telecommunications Relay Service Surcharge (TRS)

Update your billing info

Update your credit card info

Detail Images

(click to enlarge)

Follow the below step-by-step tutorial
My Account Sign In - Existing Account.png

Sign into My Account.
My Account Dropdown Menu.png

Hover over My Account to display the dropdown menu.

My Account Dropdown Menu - Account Settings.png

In the dropdown menu, click Account Settings.
Account Settings - Edit Payment Method.png4.

Click Edit next to Payment Method.

Payment Method.png5.

Type in your new credit card number, expiration date, and security code.

Type in the name, billing address, and phone number associated with your credit card.

Payment Method - Save Changes.png6.Click Save changes.

Update your billing address

Detail Images

(click to enlarge)

Sign into My Account.
My Account Dropdown Menu.png

Hover over My Account to display the dropdown menu.

My Account Dropdown Menu - Account Settings.png

In the dropdown menu, click Account Settings.
Account Settings - Service Location.png4.

Click Edit next to Service Location.

Service Location.png5.

Type in your new address.

Payment Method - Save Changes.png6.Click Save changes.

View your payment history

From the Payment history page, you can view your billing history and print billing statements.

Detail Images

(click to enlarge)

Sign into My Account.
My Account Home - Bills & Payments.png

Click Bills and Payments in the menu bar.

Bills & Payments - Most Recent Statement.png

Your most recent statement info will be displayed first.
Bills & Payments - Past Statements.png4.

Past statements are displayed below your most recent statement.

Click View Statement to view an invoice for a particular monthly bill cycle.

If you'd like to print a statement, you can select the Print option in your browser on any statement page.

Troubleshooting

Credits and refunds

If you believe you were charged incorrectly or would like to request a credit or refund, please open a ticket with Republic Help.

If you would like to return your phone for a refund within the Money Back Guarantee period, please see:

Looking for coupon and promotional codes? See Special Offers and Promotions.

Payment was declined

If you received an email from Republic Wireless stating that your credit card was declined, you’ll need to update your credit card info.

Pay an overdue balance

If you have an outstanding balance with Republic, you can pay your account balance, store your new billing info and if applicable, reinstate a suspended account using the Pay Now feature in My Account.

Detail Images

(click to enlarge)

Sign into My Account.
Pay Now Banner.png

If your account is overdue (meaning there is a negative balance), you'll see this notice.

Click Pay Now.

Pay Now.png

Enter your credit card number, expiration date, and security code, as well as the billing info associated with that credit card.

Note that the card info you enter will be saved and used on your next scheduled bill date, and every billing due date thereafter.

Tap Pay Now.

Pay Now Info Updated Banner.png4.

Now that you've submitted new billing info, you'll see this notice on the Home page of My Account.

You'll also receive an email to confirm that we've received your payment, saved your new billing info, and reinstated your account (if applicable).

Pay Now Payment Received Banner.png5.

The next time you sign into your My Account portal, you'll see this notice indicating your payment was processed.