For instructions on transferring your number from Republic to another provider, please see Can I transfer my Republic Wireless number to a different provider?
Keep in mind:
- Do not cancel service with your other service provider until your number transfer is complete. Canceling your other service before your number has successfully transferred can result in a loss of your phone number.
- If the number you'd like to transfer to Republic is being forwarded to Google Voice or a similar service, you should turn off forwarding before transferring that line to Republic.
- Transferred numbers may experience up to a 72-hour period where text messages won't be received. You'll still be able to make/receive calls and send SMS.
- Once your number has been successfully transferred to Republic Wireless, your old number will go into an aging status for a period of time before it's recycled for someone else to use.
- Voicemails aren't kept or moved over when you transfer your number, so please save any voicemails before you transfer. Once your number has been transferred, you'll need to re-record your voicemail greeting.
Check to see if your number can be transferred
Before submitting your number transfer request, check to see if your number can be transferred to Republic using our Number Transfer Checker.
Some numbers cannot be transferred to Republic.
See the Troubleshooting section below for reasons your number may not be transferrable to Republic.
Submit a number transfer request
Check out our Number Transfer Guide before submitting your number transfer request to find the info you'll need from your current provider to transfer your number to Republic.
Once you have that info, follow these steps to submit your number transfer request:
(click to enlarge)
|Follow the below step-by-step tutorial|
Sign into My Account.
On the Home page, under Quick Links, click Transfer my existing phone number.
Under the Republic number that you wish to replace with your existing number, tap Available Actions.
From the dropdown menu that appears, select Transfer My Number.
|4.||On the next page, type in the number you want to transfer to Republic, then click Start transferring.|
Enter your current account details. You'll need your account number, PIN, and account billing phone number for your current provider. Check out our Number Transfer Guide to help you find the info you need.
Once you've entered your info, click Save account information.
Enter the billing address for your current provider.
(This is the billing address your current provider has on file for the number you want to transfer to Republic.)
Once you've entered your info, click Save account billing address.
The next section will explain the next steps that Republic will need to perform in order to process your transfer.
You'll also need to agree to the terms and conditions before submitting your request.
Once your transfer is complete, you'll be notified via email. If there are any errors during the transfer process you'll also be notified via email with the reason for the error and instructions on how to correct it.
Check my number transfer status
The time it takes to transfer your number depends on your current provider. In most cases, it will take about a day, but can possibly take up to 10 days. If we do run into any problems transferring your number, you’ll be notified via email.
Check the status of your number transfer to Republic:
1. Sign into My Account.
4. You'll see Transfer Status for any number transfer requests under the Current phone number section.
Your number transfer is still in progress.
There was an error in your number transfer request. You should receive an email with details on the error and how to correct it. See the troubleshooting section for more info.
If you receive an error stating that we're unable to transfer your number to Republic, it may be for one or more of the following reasons:
- Errors in transfer request
Some of the info you submitted in your transfer request may be incorrect. Please see below for how to correct common transfer errors.
- No network availability
While our coverage is extensive, there are certain areas where we can’t provide numbers based on our network’s availability. You can still join Republic with an out-of-area number where we do have availability. We continue to work on increasing our coverage areas. (Note: We currently don't offer services in Hawaii, Alaska, or New Hampshire. However, non-coverage areas are not limited to these states.)
- Number is being forwarded
Transferring a number that is being forwarded to Google Voice or a similar service may cause errors.
- Number is a Republic number
At this time we're unable to transfer a number from a Republic phone to another Republic phone due to an internal systems issue. Our engineers are currently working to correct this issue.
- Number not transferable
In the number transferring world, there are a lot of rules and regulations that can get pretty complicated. If any of these rules or regulations can't be met by either provider, the number transfer won't be allowed. In some cases, these rules can be corrected. Either way, you'll receive an email explaining the situation in detail.
Correcting number transfer errors
Please contact your existing provider to verify account number, PIN, billing address, and billing account telephone number if you received an email about an error with your number transfer request.
Once you've verified your account number, PIN, billing address, and billing account telephone number with your current provider, please follow these steps to correct resubmit your number transfer request:
1. Sign into My Account.
4. Click the Retry button.
5. Verify or correct the account number and PIN, then click Save account information.
6. Verify or correct your billing address (this should be the address on file with your existing provider), then click Save account billing address.
7. Verify or correct your account billing telephone number (this should be the account billing phone number on file with your existing provider), then click Save account billing telephone number.
8. Read the terms and conditions, click the checkbox to agree, then click Submit.
- The transferred number is deactivated on your old phone but doesn't show up on your new phone
If you've received the email from Republic that your transfer is complete, but your ported number is not showing up on the phone you transferred it to as your phone number in the Republic Wireless App, please complete the following steps on the new phone to reset Republic App settings/Republic credentials:
Note: Make sure your phone is connected to WiFi.
- Open the dialer, then dial *#*#8647#*#*
- The arc icon will disappear and reappear after about a minute.
- Restart your phone (If the arc icon did not reappear after you entered *#*#8647#*#*, it should then appear after your phone restarts.)
- The transferred number should now be listed as your phone number on the dashboard in the Republic Wireless App.
If you're still having problems with your number transfer or if you're receiving errors in My Account, please visit Republic Help.