Refer a Friend Program

About the Refer a Friend Program

Quick Links

Tutorial

FAQs

Old Refer a Friend Program

The Refer a Friend program is an easy way to let your friends know about the awesomeness of Republic Wireless and earn credit toward your monthly service bill. When you refer a friend, you'll both get a $20 one-time credit off Republic Wireless service. Each referral must stay with Republic Wireless for at least 30 days in order for you to receive your Refer a Friend credit.

Referring a friend to Republic Wireless

You must be a Republic Wireless account owner in order to refer friends.

You can access the referral website by visiting our referrals page.
If you’re not already signed in, you’ll be prompted to sign in before you can make a referral.

You can refer friends by using the referral dashboard to post directly on your Facebook profile or Twitter feed, send an email, or send a link through whatever method you prefer. Your referral link can be found at the bottom of your referral dashboard.

Note: Referral links should not be posted in Community threads (although they can be posted in your Community profile) or on Republic's social media pages, and will be removed.

Using the referral link

The only way to earn referral credits is for the person you refer to use your individual referral link when purchasing. This is how we keep track of who has used your link and how long they have been a customer.

Note: If you're referring a friend or family member and they sign up using the same computer/device that you used to set up your referral link, please use a different browser or clear your cache. Otherwise, it won't register the new purchase as a referral and neither of you will receive credit. Please contact Republic Help if you have any questions.

Making a “successful referral”

A referral is successful when your friend signs up for Republic Wireless using the link you provided AND remains a Republic Wireless member for more than 30 days. Note: You can only receive credit for new account creation, new lines on existing Republic accounts are not eligible for the Refer a Friend program.

Using your referral credit

Referral credits can be combined with promotional or coupon codes offered by Republic Wireless. However, referral credits cannot be combined with promotional offers from Affiliates or other third parties.

Referral credits are only applied toward your monthly service costs and cannot be applied to phone, accessory, or other hardware purchases.

Please be aware that Moto Maker and other third-party purchases are not eligible for the Refer a Friend program.

Refer a Friend Tutorial

Send a referral

To refer someone to Republic Wireless, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Refer a Friend homepage.

2. You'll be prompted to sign in to your Republic Wireless account. (Only current paying members of Republic are eligible to refer friends.)

3. Once you've signed in, you'll be able to access your Refer a Friend dashboard. From your dashboard, you can refer friends through a post to your Facebook profile or Twitter feed, email, or by sharing your personal referral link. To share via your Facebook profile, your Twitter feed, or email, click the tab for that referral method at the top of the dashboard. Your referral link can be found at the bottom of your dashboard.

Referral Tabs.png

4. If someone uses your referral link to sign up with Republic, you'll receive an email letting you know that you have a pending referral. Once the person you've referred has been a Republic Wireless member for 30 days, you'll receive a second email confirming your credit has been added to your account.

Pending Credit Email.png Successful Credit Email.png

Check your Refer a Friend stats

Your Refer a Friend dashboard displays the number of successful and pending referrals, as well as how much remaining credit you can earn this year for referrals.

Referral Stats.png

FAQs

I've referred friends to Republic Wireless

How do I know when one of the friends I referred has signed up for Republic Wireless?

When one of the friends you refer signs up for Republic Wireless using the link you sent them, you’ll receive a notification email. You’ll also be able track your referrals in your referral dashboard, which is the same tool you used to send your referrals. Click here to see your referral dashboard.

When will I get my credit for the successful referrals I make?

After your referred friend signs up, you’ll receive a confirmation email. After that friend remains a Republic Wireless member for more than 30 days, you’ll receive a separate email confirming that your credit has been applied to your account.

How will my Refer a Friend credit be applied to my account?

Each month, any Refer a Friend credits you’ve earned will promptly be applied to your outstanding account balance for monthly service. So for example, if you have the $10 monthly service plan and you’ve earned $30 in referrals, your account balance for that month would be reduced to $0 and you would left with a credit of $20 to go towards the next month's charges.

Where can I see my current account credits?

You can see your account balance any time from the Home page in My Account. Credits can also be seen on billing statements once your bill date has passed. You can view your billing statements on the Bills & Payments page in My Account.

You can also check the status of your referrals from your referral dashboard by clicking here.

Why do I have to wait until after 30 days to receive the credit from referring a friend?

The 30-day waiting period is based on Republic’s 30 Day Guarantee. If your friend cancels within 30 days, the referral is considered unsuccessful and you won’t be eligible to receive referral credit.

If I sign up for Republic and then cancel my service within the 30-day window, will I receive credit for the referrals I've made if my friends stay for at least 30 days?

If you cancel your service within the 30-day return period, all Refer a Friend credits are null and void. You can’t transfer the credits to someone else, use them to pay any outstanding fees or receive compensation in any other form.

What if my friend didn't use my referral link, how do I get credit for my friend signing up?

Your referred friend must use the personal link you provide them in order for either party to receive credit. Republic Wireless and FriendBuy reserve the right to evaluate certain referral situations and award credit in other situations, at the sole discretion of Republic Wireless. If you have questions about specific referrals, please submit a ticket to Republic Help.

What if two or more people refer the same friend and that friend signs up for a membership over 30 days, who will get the referral?

The referral credit will be applied to the account of the Republic Wireless member whose link is used by the referred friend that results in a new purchase.

What do I do if I’m not showing credit for someone that’s been a member for over 30 days?

Please contact Republic Help, and we’ll research your referral for you.

What is the maximum amount of referral credits I can receive?

The maximum amount of referral credits you can receive in a calendar year (January through December) is up to, but not including, $600. This includes any credit you received when you first signed up (i.e. if you used a referral link to sign up and received credit).

When I reach the maximum credit amount, how will I know when I can start referring more friends?

The Republic Wireless Refer a Friend Program is based on the calendar year beginning in January, so if you receive up to, but not including, $600 in credit before December 31 in a given year, then you’ll be required to wait until January 1 to begin accruing referral credits again. New credits will start accruing again with new referrals joining after January 1 of the next year.

Do my Refer a Friend credits “roll over” from one year to the next?

Yes. As long as you remain a Republic Wireless customer, any earned Refer a Friend credits will be available for use toward monthly service up to, but not including, $600 per calendar year.

Can I gift a friend or family member my referral credits?

No, referral credits can’t be gifted or transferred.

Can I receive referral credit for referring a family member whose line will be added to my existing account?

No, you can only receive credit for new accounts, not new lines on existing Republic accounts.

I've been referred to Republic Wireless

I just purchased with Republic Wireless and was referred by someone, but I don't see the credit applied to my account. What should I do?

Please make sure you purchased using the unique link your friend sent you. If you’ve already completed your purchase, please contact our Republic Help team so we can research your referral.

What if I didn't use a referral link, how do I get credit for signing up?

You must use a personal referral link provided by a current Republic member in order for you and the person who referred you to receive credit. Republic Wireless and FriendBuy reserve the right to evaluate certain referral situations and award credit in other situations, at the sole discretion of Republic Wireless. If you have questions about specific referrals, please submit a ticket to Republic Help.

Old Refer a Friend Program

What if I referred someone using the $19 Refer a Friend program?

All referral transactions for the $19 Refer a Friend program made before 2/28/14 at 11:59 PM (EST) will be honored under the former program’s Terms and Conditions. As of 3/1/14, however, no new referrals will be accepted through the $19 Refer a Friend program.

No retroactive referral credits can be applied for new accounts started from 3/1/14 to the start of the new Refer a Friend program on 4/14/14.

Will I still get credit if the person I referred used the link prior to 2/28/14 at 11:59 PM EST?

As long as the referral link was used to purchase prior to 2/28/14 at 11:59 PM EST and the referred party stays with Republic for at least 30 days, you will still receive a credit.

Example: If your friend used your referral link on 2/28/14 to purchase, $19 will be deducted when they purchase. Once they've remained a Republic customer for at least 30 days, you will then receive your $19 credit.

If your friend did not use your link to make a purchase by 2/28/14 at 11:59 PM (EST), then that link becomes invalid. Once you sign up for the new Refer a Friend program, you can then invite any friends who didn’t sign up before to join under the new program.

What happens to my earned referral credits?

Absolutely nothing. Any earned credits will remain in your account and applied toward future monthly service bills.

If my friend purchased before the deadline but forgot to use the link, will you still be able to update that information after the link expires?

Yes! So long as your friend provides the appropriate information within the next 30 days, we will be able to update the credits accordingly.

Will my Refer a Friend credits from the old referral program “roll over"?

Yes, referral credits from our previous program will be transferred over to this program. Your credits from the previous program when combined with credits from the current program cannot exceed the maximum yearly credit amount (up to, but not including, $600 per calendar year).