Refer a Friend Program

As of November 1, 2014, the $20 Refer a Friend Program has ended.

No new referrals will be accepted through the program.

We're making some changes to the Refer a Friend Program!

The current $20 Refer a Friend Program is undergoing some changes starting October 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The program will return with new and exciting promotions for a bigger, better Republic experience in the future.

For more info on how this will affect referrals from our current program, please check out our FAQs below and our blog on the changes, Reinventing Refer a Friend: Moving toward a new and improved loyalty program.

Can I still earn new credits after October 31, 2014?

All referral transactions for the $20 Refer a Friend Program made before 10/31/14 at 11:59 p.m. EST will be honored under the the $20 program’s Terms and Conditions. As of 12:00 a.m. EST on November 1, 2014, however, no new referrals will be accepted through the $20 Refer a Friend Program.

No retroactive referral credits can be applied for new accounts as of November 1, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. EST to the start of the new Refer a Friend Program.

Can people use my referral link to purchase the Moto E?

Yes, as long as they completed their purchase by October 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST, your referral will be honored.

Will I still get credit if the person I referred used the link prior to October 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST?

As long as the referral link was used to purchase prior to October 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST and the referred party stays with Republic for at least 30 days, you'll still receive a credit.

Example:

• If your friend used your referral link on October 31, 2014 to purchase, $20 will be deducted when they purchase. Once they've remained a Republic member for at least 30 days, you will then receive your $20 credit.

• If your friend did not use your link to make a purchase by October 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST, then that link becomes invalid. Once we launch the new Refer a Friend Program, you can then invite any friends who didn’t sign up before to join under the new program.

What happens to my earned referral credits?

Absolutely nothing. Any earned credits will remain in your account and applied toward future monthly service bills.

Any remaining pending referral credits from the $20 Refer a Friend Program should be processed within 30 days or by December 1, 2014. If you have questions about specific referrals that have not been processed by that date, please submit a ticket to Republic Help.

If my friend purchased before the deadline but forgot to use the link, will you still be able to update that information after the link expires?

Your referred friend must use your referral email, post, or link in order for either party to receive credit. Republic Wireless and FriendBuy reserve the right to evaluate certain referral situations and award credit in other situations, at the sole discretion of Republic Wireless. If you have questions about specific referrals, please submit a ticket to Republic Help.

Will I be able to use the same referral link for the new Refer a Friend Program?

No. You won’t be able to use your current referral link, so you’ll want to remove it from your Community profile and any other personal profiles where you’ve posted it.

Will I still be able to access my Refer a Friend dashboard?

You’ll be able to access your Refer a Friend dashboard to see your referral stats - total and pending conversions - until December 1, 2014. If you have questions about specific referrals after December 1, 2014, please submit a ticket to Republic Help.

About the Refer a Friend Program

Quick Links

Tutorial

FAQs

Old Refer a Friend Program

The Refer a Friend Program is an easy way to let your friends know about the awesomeness of Republic Wireless and earn credit toward your monthly service bill. When you refer a friend, you'll both get a $20 one-time credit off Republic Wireless service. Each referral must stay with Republic Wireless for at least 30 days in order for you to receive your Refer a Friend credit.

Check out the program terms and conditions for details.

Referring a friend to Republic Wireless

You must be a Republic Wireless account owner in order to refer friends.

You can access the referral website by visiting our referrals page.
If you’re not already signed in, you’ll be prompted to sign in before you can make a referral.

• You can refer friends by using the referral dashboard to send an email or post directly on your Facebook profile or Twitter feed.
  • If you're referring a friend or family member and they sign up using the same computer/device, please use a different browser or clear your cache. Otherwise, it won't register the new purchase as a referral and neither of you will receive credit. Please contact Republic Help if you have any questions.

Note: Referral links should not be posted in Community threads (although they can be posted in your Community profile) or on Republic's social media pages, and will be removed.

Making a “successful referral”

A referral is successful when your friend signs up for Republic Wireless through your email or post to your Facebook profile or Twitter feed AND remains a Republic Wireless member for more than 30 days.

Note: You can only receive credit for new account creation. New lines on existing Republic accounts are not eligible for the Refer a Friend Program.

Using your referral credit

Referral credits can be combined with promotional or coupon codes offered by Republic Wireless. However, referral credits cannot be combined with promotional offers from Affiliates or other third parties.

Referral credits are only applied toward your monthly service costs and cannot be applied to phone, accessory, or other hardware purchases.

Please be aware that Moto Maker and other third-party purchases are not eligible for the Refer a Friend Program.

Refer a Friend Tutorial

Send a referral

To refer someone to Republic Wireless, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Refer a Friend homepage.

2. You'll be prompted to sign into your Republic Wireless account. (Only current paying members of Republic are eligible to refer friends.)

3. Once you've signed in, you'll be able to access your Refer a Friend dashboard. From your dashboard, you can refer friends through email or through a post to your Facebook profile or Twitter feed. To share, click the tab for that referral method at the top of the dashboard.

Note: If you're having trouble viewing your Refer a Friend dashboard, please try alternate browsers and disable any ad blockers.

Referral Tabs.png

4. If someone uses your email or post on your Facebook or Twitter to sign up with Republic, you'll receive an email letting you know that you have a pending referral. Once the person you've referred has been a Republic Wireless member for 30 days, you'll receive a second email confirming your credit has been added to your account.

Pending Credit Email.png Successful Credit Email.png

Check your Refer a Friend stats

Your Refer a Friend dashboard displays the number of successful and pending referrals, as well as how much remaining credit you can earn this year for referrals.

Note: Your total conversions includes any credit you received when you first signed up (i.e. if you used a referral link to sign up and received credit).

Referral Stats.png

Using a referral

When using a referral, you'll be taken to our shopping page, where you'll choose which phone you want to buy, select your plan and fill out your billing and shipping info. If the referral has been used correctly, you'll see this in your cart summary on the Plan Selection page:

Cart Summary Before Taxes.png

Once you get to the Confirmation Page, taxes will be added in and you can see the same message stating the Refer a Friend credit has been applied to your monthly plan charge. In this example graphic, the $5 plan was chosen and therefore the First Month's Plan Charge is $0. The remaining $15 credit will be applied to following monthly plan charges.

Cart Summary With Taxes.png

If your order does not display the message above in green, double check to make sure you're using the referral correctly. You can also try a different browser or a different computer.

Reading a bill statement with a referral credit

Whether you've received a referral credit from referring someone or you just used a referral to purchase through Republic, you can view your referral credit on your bill statement in My Account by following these steps:

1. Sign into My Account.

2. Click on Bills & Payments.

3. You'll see your most recent statement at the top and past statements on the bottom. Referral credits will have their own statement line. In this example graphic, a new purchase was just made using a referral on the $25 plan. You'll see the device cost, the referral credit, taxes and the final amount billed for their first monthly plan charge:

Billing-updated.png

FAQs

I've referred friends to Republic Wireless

How do I know when one of the friends I referred has signed up for Republic Wireless?

When one of the friends you refer signs up for Republic Wireless using your referral post or email, you’ll receive a notification email. You’ll also be able track your referrals in your referral dashboard, which is the same tool you used to send your referrals. Click here to see your referral dashboard.

When will I get my credit for the successful referrals I make?

After your referred friend signs up, you’ll receive a confirmation email. After that friend remains a Republic Wireless member for more than 30 days, you’ll receive a separate email confirming that your credit has been applied to your account.

How will my Refer a Friend credit be applied to my account?

Each month, any Refer a Friend credits you’ve earned will promptly be applied to your outstanding account balance for monthly service. So for example, if you have the $10 monthly service plan and you’ve earned $30 in referrals, your account balance for that month would be reduced to $0 and you would left with a credit of $20 to go towards the next month's charges.

Where can I see my current account credits?

You can see your account balance any time from the Home page in My Account. Credits can also be seen on billing statements once your bill date has passed. You can view your billing statements on the Bills & Payments page in My Account.

You can also check the status of your referrals from your referral dashboard by clicking here.

Note: If you're having trouble viewing your Refer a Friend dashboard, please try alternate browsers and disable any ad blockers.

Why do I have to wait until after 30 days to receive the credit from referring a friend?

The 30-day waiting period is based on Republic’s 30 Day Guarantee. If your friend cancels within 30 days, the referral is considered unsuccessful and you won’t be eligible to receive referral credit.

If I sign up for Republic and then cancel my service, will I receive credit for the referrals I've made if my friends stay for at least 30 days?

If you cancel your service (whether within or outside of the 30-day return period), all Refer a Friend credits are null and void. You can’t transfer the credits to someone else, use them to pay any outstanding fees or receive compensation in any other form.

What if my friend didn't use my referral email, Facebook or Twitter post, or link, how do I get credit for my friend signing up?

Your referred friend must use your referral email, post, or link in order for either party to receive credit. Republic Wireless and FriendBuy reserve the right to evaluate certain referral situations and award credit in other situations, at the sole discretion of Republic Wireless. If you have questions about specific referrals, please submit a ticket to Republic Help.

What if two or more people refer the same friend and that friend signs up for a membership over 30 days, who will get the referral?

The referral credit will be applied to the account of the Republic Wireless member whose email, Facebook or Twitter post, or link is used by the referred friend that results in a new purchase.

What do I do if I’m not showing credit for someone that’s been a member for over 30 days?

Please contact Republic Help, and we’ll research your referral for you.

What is the maximum amount of referral credits I can receive?

The maximum amount of referral credits you can receive in a calendar year (January through December) is up to, but not including, $600. This includes any credit you received when you first signed up (i.e. if you used a referral link to sign up and received credit).

When I reach the maximum credit amount, how will I know when I can start referring more friends?

The Republic Wireless Refer a Friend Program is based on the calendar year beginning in January, so if you receive up to, but not including, $600 in credit before December 31 in a given year, then you’ll be required to wait until January 1 to begin accruing referral credits again. New credits will start accruing again with new referrals joining after January 1 of the next year.

Do my Refer a Friend credits “roll over” from one year to the next?

Yes. As long as you remain a Republic Wireless customer, any earned Refer a Friend credits will be available for use toward monthly service up to, but not including, $600 per calendar year.

Can I gift a friend or family member my referral credits?

No, referral credits can’t be gifted or transferred.

Can I receive referral credit for referring a family member whose line will be added to my existing account?

No, you can only receive credit for new accounts, not new lines on existing Republic accounts.

I've been referred to Republic Wireless

I just purchased with Republic Wireless and was referred by someone, but I don't see the credit applied to my account. What should I do?

Please make sure you purchased using your friend's email, Facebook or Twitter post, or link. If you’ve already completed your purchase, please contact our Republic Help team so we can research your referral.

What if I didn't use a referral email, Facebook or Twitter post, or link, how do I get credit for signing up?

You must use an email, post, or link provided by a current Republic member in order for you and the person who referred you to receive credit. Republic Wireless and FriendBuy reserve the right to evaluate certain referral situations and award credit in other situations, at the sole discretion of Republic Wireless. If you have questions about specific referrals, please submit a ticket to Republic Help.