Cancel My Republic Service

Document created by katrina.k Employee on Jul 23, 2013Last modified by sarahd on Aug 18, 2016
Version 102Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Overview:

This document is intended to prepare you for canceling a service line or account with Republic Wireless. We'll discuss what you need to do before you cancel and provide a step-by-step tutorial for how to cancel service from your My Account portal.

Before You Cancel

Are you keeping your phone number?

If you want to keep your phone number, you'll need to transfer it to another provider BEFORE you cancel your service with Republic Wireless.

Once your number has been transferred to your new provider, you'll receive an email confirmation. Service with Republic for that phone line will automatically be canceled when your transfer is complete—no need to come back and cancel.

Have you reviewed our policies?

Please review the following documents before canceling:

Are you eligible for a refund?

Are you sure you're ready to cancel?

Once your line of service has been canceled, your phone number and any service-plan discounts associated with that line will be lost. If you'd like to keep your phone number, you can transfer it to another provider before canceling with Republic. If you want to cancel more than one phone line, each line must be canceled individually.

After you've cancelled the last line of service, your Republic Wireless account will also be closed. You'll still have access to My Account for 30 days after you complete the cancellation process for your last line of service.   However, you will not have access to your call detail records (CDRs).

Note: If you want to return any accessories still under the Money Back Guarantee when you cancel your Republic service, a separate accessories return request must be submitted. Please see our Return and Replacement Policy for more info.

Are you canceling for someone else?

If you're canceling Republic service for a deceased Republic member, the executor will need to send an email to help@republicwireless.com with the member's name, phone number (if you have it), and a copy of the member's legal death certificate.

Member accounts and service cannot be canceled by non-account holders for any other reason. If you have questions, please contact Republic Help.

Cancel a Line of Service

Detail Images

(click to enlarge)

Follow the step-by-step tutorial
I Want To.png1.From the Manage Service Lines page, click on the I WANT TO... banner for the service line you'd like to cancel.
Tap Cancel service.png2.Click Cancel service.

Before you cancel.png

I'm not keeping my phone number

Step 3b Not Keeping Number No Ticket.png

I'm keeping my phone number

Step 3c Keeping Number No Ticket.png

Once you've clicked Cancel service, you'll be asked whether or not you'd like to keep your current phone number.

Click No if you don't want to keep your number, and you'll be taken to the next step in the cancelation process.

Click Yes if you want to keep your phone number. Selecting this option means that you'd still like to cancel, but keep your current phone number.

In order to keep your number, you'll need to transfer it to a different provider. Once your number is transferred out, the affected service line will automatically be canceled with Republic Wireless.

Tip: You'll also be provided with info as to whether or not you're within or outside 14 days of purchase. Click on the link for more details.

Step 4 Confirm Cancelation.png

If you're not keeping your number, review the information in the green box and enter the phone number associated with the service line you want canceled.

Note: If you're canceling a Republic 3.0 phone, once your SIM card has been deactivated, it can't be reactivated. 

Step 5 Submit Cancelation.png

When the correct phone number has been entered, the checkmark will turn green. Click the checkmark to complete your cancelation request.

Step 6 Cancelation Confirmation.png

After you've submitted your cancelation, you'll receive an email with final cancelation details.

If you have any problems or questions, please contact Republic Help.

20 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes