Motorola Jelly Bean Rebate FAQ

Jelly Bean Rebate.png

Receive a $100 Motorola Prepaid Visa Card when you upgrade your DEFY XT to the new Moto X!

What is the Motorola Jelly Bean rebate?

Any Republic Wireless member with a single or dual-band DEFY XT who upgrades to a Moto X will have the ability to send their DEFY XT to Motorola with proof of purchase from the Moto X for a $100 Motorola Prepaid Visa Card.

Who's eligible for the Motorola $100 Prepaid Visa Card?

Republic Wireless members who currently have a Motorola DEFY XT (Single-band or Dual-band) and upgrade to the new Moto X, purchased through either our online store or through Moto Maker. Additionally, even you aren't a Republic member and have any of the following Motorola models, you're eligible for the Motorola Jelly Bean Rebate.

• Motorola Admiral
  • Motorola Atrix 4G
  • Motorola Atrix 2
  • Motorola Cliq2
  • Droid 3 by Motorola
  • Droid X2 by Motorola
  • Motorola DEFY XT
  • Motorola Electrify
  • Motorola Milestone 3 XT861
  • Motorola Milestone X2
  • Motorola Photon 4G
  • Motorola XPRT
  • Titanium
  • Triumph

When does the Jelly Bean Rebate expire?

This offer will be available for eligible purchases of the Moto X, either through our online store or through Moto Maker, made through June 30, 2014.

How long do I have after I’ve purchased the Moto X until I have to send my DEFY XT to Motorola?

You'll have 30 days from the purchase date of the Moto X to fill out Motorola's online form and send the DEFY XT to Motorola. Your purchase date can be found by going to My Account > Bills & Payments.

Note: Be sure to keep the box from your Moto X for the UPC and MEID HEX number. Republic will not be able to provide the UPC if you no longer have your Moto X box.

How do I claim the $100 Motorola Visa Prepaid Card?

First, go to the Motorola Jelly Bean Rebate page.

Jelly Bean Rebate Page.JPG

Select the DEFY XT from the list of eligible smartphones and then select the Moto X as the smartphone you want.  Make sure you select the Moto X for "all other carriers" and not the one for "Verizon."

Jelly Bean Rebate Page 2.jpg

Enter your name and email address so that Motorola will save the trade up information for you to complete after purchasing the Moto X.

Jelly Bean Rebate Page 3.jpg

After purchasing and receiving your Moto X phone, return to the Motorola Jelly Bean Rebate page to complete the trade and receive the shipping label. You can also sign in to check the status of your rebate after you send your DEFY XT to Motorola.

Jelly Bean Rebate Page 4.jpg

What information do I need to give to Motorola to be eligible for the Jelly Bean rebate?

You'll need a valid proof of purchase of the Moto X. A valid proof of purchase includes a copy of the Moto X receipt from your My Account portal, copy of UPC code from the Moto X box and the Moto X IMEI number. The IMEI number can be found on your Moto X by going to Settings → About Phone → Status. You'll also need to send your DEFY XT with the above info. One phone should be included in each postmarked envelope.

Note: Be sure to keep the box from your Moto X for the UPC and MEID HEX number. Republic will not be able to provide the UPC if you no longer have your Moto X box.

What condition does the Motorola DEFY XT smartphone have to be in to qualify?

Some products may contain physical or functional defects and still qualify. However, in order to ensure you qualify for the program, your used DEFY XT smartphone must be in working order.

Do I need to mail in the accessories with my DEFY XT smartphone as well?

While you can send in the accessories as well, it's not required in order to receive the Jelly Bean Rebate.  Accessories include things like power cords, chargers, batteries, connector cables, holders, sleeves, and protectors.

Do I need to remove my personal information from my DEFY XT?

Please clear any personal data from your phone before mailing it to Motorola.  Also, perform a factory reset and don't forget to remove your microSD card.

Who pays for shipping when I send my DEFY XT to Motorola?

The shipping label printed off the Motorola website will be prepaid.  However, you'll need to provide your own packaging for the phone.

What happens to the DEFY XT once I mail it in?

Motorola will process the smartphone for resale and/or recycling.

How long does it take for me to get my Visa gift card?

Up to eight weeks.

Note: The Visa gift card is mailed by Clover Wireless. The only reference to Motorola is underneath the "Activate now" sticker attached to the card (per a tip from one of our Community members).

Is there an expiration date on the Visa gift card?

The Visa gift card is valid for up to 12 months, however funds do not expire and may be available after card expiration date.

Will I be able to use my Visa gift card anywhere?

Visa gift cards can be used at any merchant that accepts Visa debit cards.

Who do I contact with questions or comments about the program?

For questions, comments or further assistance with your Jelly Bean Rebate, you can contact Motorola support here.