This document provides information regarding how to change your existing Republic Wireless phone number, how much it costs, and who can request these types of changes. If you're looking for information on how to transfer your phone number from a different provider, please see Number Transfers.
Before You Change Your Phone Number
- You can change your number two times for free per service line. Any subsequent number changes will cost $10 (plus taxes).
- You're not able to choose the last four digits of your phone number.
- In some cases, we may not have numbers available in your area code or exchange due to network availability.
- Once you change your number, you won't be able to recover your previous number.
- You won't be able to request a number change if you already have one in progress. You'll have to wait until the first one completes before you can submit another one.
- Your account needs to be in good standing (current on all payments) to change your number.
- Only account owners can initiate number changes. If you'd like to change a secondary user's number, the account owner will need to do so. Please see My Account for more info.
Change Your Phone Number
You can change your phone number by going to your My Account portal, which can be accessed from a computer or from your phone by following the below instructions.
If you have a Moto E (1st or 2nd Gen.), Moto G (1st or 3rd Gen.), or a Moto X (1st or 2nd Gen.) you can also change your phone number from the Republic Wireless app by following the instructions here.
(click to enlarge)
|Follow the step-by-step tutorial|
Sign into My Account.
Note: You can also sign into your account from the Republic Wireless App if you have version 3.0 or higher by tapping the Settings tab, then My account.
Select Service Line
From the Phones page, click on the I WANT TO... banner for the service line you'd like to change the phone number of.
Select New Phone Number Option
Click New Phone Number.
Click on the select state dropdown and select which state you'd like your new phone number to be from.
Note: We do not offer phone numbers in Alaska, Hawaii, or New Hampshire.
Select Area Code
Click on the area code you'd like your new phone number to have. Scroll down to see more options.
Click on the city you'd like for your new phone number. Scroll down to see more options.
Select Phone Number
Review the phone number exchanges available for the city you selected and click on the one you'd like your new phone number to have.
Note: You won't be able to pick the last four digits of the phone number.
Confirm and Submit
The first two telephone number changes are on us, but after that each number change is $10 (plus taxes and surcharges). If you're going to be charged, it will be listed here and we'll charge the credit card that we have on file for you.
Once you've reviewed all of your information and it's correct, click I WANT THIS NEW NUMBER.
Number Change Request Complete
Your number change request will take just a few minutes to process. We'll send you a confirmation email as well as a notification on your phone with your new phone number.
|Republic 1.0 and 2.0 Phones:|
The following instructions refer to the Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen.), Moto G (1st and 3rd Gen.), and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen.) phones only.