craig.schneider

Republic Wireless out of business

Discussion created by craig.schneider on Apr 20, 2017

I've been with republic since day one.  A week ago, my phone stopped connecting to Republic.  I reboot the phone, first gen Moto x, it starts for few seconds on republic, then connects to Sprint.  I can make no calls.  Data does work, as does wifi, although I don't have WiFi at home.

I summited a help ticket last week, was given instructions to reset to factory settings,. Which I did 2 or 3 times, update profile and prl, which I did 4 or 5 times.  Restarted the phone a dozen or more times.

I responded back to Republic wireless that nothing has helped.   I responded 5 or 6 times.  No response back from republic.  Remember, I have no phone service, data only.  Connection is to Sprint every time the phone is restarted.

I opened a second help ticket.  No response at all from republic.  Apparently they have abandoned me with no cell phone service.  I continued the last few days to respond to my help ticket.   No response at all from republic.

I can only sumize, they have gone out of business, or not paid their bill with Sprint so Sprint will not allow me to connect through sprint to republic.

Just to reiterate,  On all restarts and resets, updates, etc.  My phone only connects to Sprint. All resets and updates have been done, multiple times.

I have also sent numerous screenshots of the phones connection pages showing it on sprint only.

Still no response, no resolution, nothing from republic.

I, an original customer, who stayed with them through thick and thin, has been, abandon.   I can only sumize, republic has closed up it's doors.  May Republic Wireless RIP.

If republic is still around, and they do not solve this problem in the next 24 hours, I will be forced to sign up with Verizon.

Fyi: Please don't respond with statements telling me to do more resets, restarts and updates.  A real solution is the only acceptable solution.

Craig

Moderator's note: Title edited to correct typo.

Outcomes