Welcome to Republic Wireless! Transferring your RingPlus number to Republic is reasonably straightforward. Here's how:
I suggest starting by making sure your RingPlus number will transfer. You may do so here.
Here’s what you’ll see:
- Type your RingPlus number into the white box.
- Click the blue box with the white check mark.
This is the result you're looking for:
Presuming the number you wish to transfer passes the number check tool and you haven't already done so, please proceed to purchase your Republic phone (or your SIM card if you own a supported phone) by clicking "Begin By Selecting a Phone". In order to transfer your number, you need an active Republic phone to transfer it to. Republic will assign a temporary number that will be replaced upon successful transfer of your RingPlus number.
If you see the following; I'm sorry to say due to telecom industry rules and regulations regarding the location of your number, Republic is unable to transfer it. Republic would be most happy to provide you a new number.
Gathering Needed Information from RingPlus
As you may be aware; Sprint, RingPlus and Ting are cooperating to auto-transition RingPlus numbers to Ting hoping to avoid service interruption as RingPlus winds down operations. You are not obligated to keep your service or your number with Ting. If your RingPlus number has been transitioned; please use this guidance from Ting to gather the information needed to bring your number to Republic Wireless, then proceed here.
Proceed to RingPlus Mobile.
- Click Sign In:
- Select your preferred sign in method:
- Click your RingPlus phone.
- Click Manage Device.
- Note your phone's six-digit MSL. This is your transfer out PIN. Your RingPlus account number is the 10-digit number being transferred. Use only the numbers, no dashes.
Bringing Your Number to Republic
Now that we've gathered the needed information, let's proceed to make the transfer request. This is done in your Republic Wireless Account Portal.
- Select the phone you wish to transfer your RingPlus number to then click the green "I Want To Bar" under that phone:
- Click "Transfer My Number":
There are four steps to completing your number transfer request.
- You'll repeat the number check:
- You'll add provider details for RingPlus. Your RingPlus account number is the 10-digit number being transferred. Your PIN is your phone's previously noted MSL, that 6-digit number from your Ring Plus account.
- Next up is RingPlus billing information. Provide the billing address for the credit or debit card associated with your RingPlus account.
- Finally, review the information submitted, agree to Republic's Terms and Conditions for the transfer, then confirm your transfer request by typing in the number you wish to transfer one final time.
You will receive email updates from Republic as your number transfer request progresses. You may also track the status of your number transfer in your Republic Wireless Account Portal.
Once again, on behalf of Republic's Community, welcome! We're very happy to have you here as a new member!