7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 11:27 AM by hen999ry RSS

Using ADDALINE50 to Get Phone for My Wife

hen999ry 2 Bar

I want to get a second line/phone for my wife to use.  I know that I can get a discount by signing into my existing Republic Wireless account and ordering with the coupon code ADDALINE50. 

How can I put the phone in her name, so that when she makes a call her name, not my name, will appear on the call recipient's Caller ID?

• Re: Using ADDALINE50 to Get Phone for My Wife
    jason.stark 2 Bar

I think that that would really just be determined by what the receiving phone had stored in terms of your wife's number.  Since you'll have a new number made for the new phone (or port an existing one), then a phone receiving a call from your wife's phone would at base simply get that number on the ID.  If that person added the number and your wife's name, etc. to their contacts list, then her name would show up.  Basically, I'm not really sure you will have to do anything really different, as long as your wife lets her contacts know about the change of phone number (if you are changing numbers, that is).

hen999ry 2 Bar

Thanks for your quick reply, Jason!  Your suggestion would certainly work for people who have my wife's name in their cell phone address books.  I'm looking for something that works for everyone -- in particular, for people who have landline phones that don't have address books.

jben Ambassador

Searched on Caller ID name  and got this 'official answer from RW' Change My Caller ID Name

Doesn't look like this is what you want, but it appears they can change the name

I would open a ticket with the Help Ask Us, hopefully they can accommodate you

hen999ry 2 Bar

Thanks for your reply!  I think that link is exactly what I want, provided that Republic support can use my wife's name, not my name, for the Caller ID name on her line.

hen999ry 2 Bar

Thanks for your reply!  That link was, in fact, exactly what I wanted.  I asked Republic support to change the Caller ID name on my wife's phone, and everything is now working.  When I make a call on my Republic phone, the recipient's Caller ID shows my name.  When my wife makes a call on her Republic phone, the recipient's Caller ID shows her name.

bocephous 4 Bar

Does anyone know if hen999ry can use the refer a friend  and refer his wife to RW?  It be an additional $38 credit to himself!

I am not sure if it is possible or allowed since the discounts started.

Referral on 2-phone plan

Ok looks like maybe a $19 credit?

bocephous1

carlh 5 Bar

it is OK to refer your wife who starts a new account and husband/wife each get back $19 back on their separate accounts, but that would eliminate the $50 ADALINE50 credit since the phones are on separate accounts.  So better to use ADDALINE50 with a single account.