16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 9:18 AM by my_repub RSS

FORGOT MY VOICEMAIL PASSWORD

1 Bar

FORGOT MY VOICE MAIL PASSWORD....ANY IDEA?

• Re: FORGOT MY VOICEMAIL PASSWORD
    3 Bar

Forgot my voicemail password

If you've forgotten your voicemail password or it needs to be reset, you’ll need to visit our Support page.  Please be aware that in order for us to reset your voicemail password we’ll need to perform a full reset of your voicemail.  This will delete any current messages you have as well as your voicemail greeting.

bronzo 2 Bar

default vm password was the last 4 of your phone number.  Not sure if you changed it but just wanted to throw it out there.

billmeek Ambassador

Default password was 1234# ... not the last 4 digits of the phone number.

Default Voicemail Password

1 Bar

Check the information in support (see below). But I still can not find the support ticket system.

Once you click the "Ask Us" button and the support ticket system opens, you will need to select the phone number for which you need voicemail reset.

The next screen offers a very limited list of support options, and this may be confusing you. However, if you will select, "my phone is not working properly" the next screen will have an option for "I need to reset my voicemail." The rest of the questions in that section really do not apply to a voicemail reset, but they are required, so fill them out as best you can. In the textarea, you might wish to type, "Please reset my voicemail. I understand this is a complete reset and I will lose all voicemail messages as well as my password and my greetings."

Make sure when you fill out the part for a sample phone call that you give a date and a time in the past, like something yesterday.

billmeek Ambassador

To get to the ticket system:

• Click the Home link near the top of the community page. 
          • In the big search box type "reset voicemail" and click the orange search button
          • Scroll down (if necessary) and click the green "Ask us" button.
            1 Bar

Thank you . When I click the green ask us button, it does not work. Mybe it is time off work.

southpawkb Ambassador

Hi my_repub,

When you click the green Ask Us button, at the bottom of any search results list, what exactly does happen?

Does anything happen at all?

Does a window launch that just happens to be empty?

• Make sure you are clicking the green Ask Us button at the bottom of the search results, not the one in the FAQ about getting help from support. (Follow billmeek's steps exactly.)
              • Make sure you are left-clicking. Right-click does not work on that button.
              • Make sure to try from home. Some office-based internet connections apparently block interaction with some of the RW portals.

~~~~~

SouthpawKB, Optimus owner, not a republic wireless employee

iambrent 2 Bar

The default VM password for the DEFY XT is 1-2-3-4 per the phone manual.

Edit: sorry for the duplicate post, Bill's reply beat mine by one minute.