43 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 1:21 PM by mchasal RSS

Community Update 08/17/2012

2 Bar

We just released a Community Update. Please post questions, comments and thoughts here!

• Re: Community Update 08/17/2012
    hng1 2 Bar

Keep up the good work!

widowmaker 2 Bar

Great news on all fronts!

I would like to say this to the whole crew at Republic, keep up the good work!

Maybe these announcements will keep away some of the haters for awhile.

ddouble2 1 Bar

Great to hear that porting is enabled. Just gave it a try - still doesn't work. There is no link to transfer my numbers!!!

pkburn Ambassador

Thank you for the update.  Let's keep them going more regularly now.

Thanks

pkburn Ambassador

Hi jeccaj.  It's odd, but this thread doesn't seem to appear with all the other discussion threads in the list.  Do you know why that might be?     I don't see it popping up when I refresh and sort by latest activity.  Just thought I would let you know

kenb 1 Bar

very disapointed with r/w,,,been member since 2011,,,yet you allow newer people to get the new phone first ,,,,thats bad,,,my optomis gave out yesterday ,,,,need new phone,,THERE IS NO ONE TO TALK TO,,,VERY SORRY I GOT INVOLVED WITH YOU,,,i guess if you had to hire people to handle all the complaints ,you would have to hire thousands.  no wonder you are giving us free phone service ,,,,,i know you will never answer  this email,,,its a shame you have such poor custormer camunacations ,,,this is a great concept but piss poor actions,,,,so will i get a new phone or not   ,,,or return to verisons,and on top of all of this they say i an not even on the list for a new phone,,,polynken6@aol.com,,,,,,

sarahd republicEmployee

Hi kenb.  I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with republic.  Like jeccaj said, the upgrade path is coming soon and we do appreciate your patience.  To address the issue of your email address not coming up in the wave checker tool, did you sign up to be in a separate Wave (other than A) with a different email address?  The wave checker tool is only for people that signed up to be in a Wave outside of the first A Wave. 

abelf 1 Bar

Hi jeccaj,

I received an an invitation to join republic wireless.

My invitation will end on 8/23/2012 at 11:59 p.m

My credit card was charged but I am not a member.

I was not able to get my membership.

Once I entered my credit card information, I got an error during the registration and I can not continue with my account confirmation.

My credit card was charged already as:

- BANDWIDTHCOM CARY       --      $499.59

Please, let me know how can I get my republic wireless membership.

Thank you

Abel

Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:03 PM
    Subject: You're invited to join republic

Republic Wireless Beta Notifications

Republic Wireless Optimus

Hi Abel,

It’s time! We’re excited to offer you an invitation to join republic wireless. As promised, below you’ll find the link to your private store invitation. But first, there are a few things to keep in mind...

• Your invitation will end on 8/23/2012 at 11:59 p.m. You have 7 days to take advantage of your republic wireless private store invitation--go for it!
    • You can order up to 2 phones.  Each private store invitation is good for up to 2 phones.
    • Your welcome19 code is applied automatically.  You have the welcome19 promotional code from the republic launch, so we’ve already applied it to your private store invitation. You won’t have to enter it--instead, $100 is deducted from one phone in your order automatically.
    • You’ll pay the cost of your phone + a start-up fee. Joining republic requires that you buy a phone and pay a start-up fee that includes your first month of service and shipping. Your card will be billed $19 each month beginning no sooner than 30 days after you receive your device.
    • Your card is charged when you order your phone.  We will be charging your credit card for the purchase amount when you submit your order online.  Most orders arrive within 2-3 business days.
    • Want to bring your number to republic? Great! After you receive your phone, you can sign into My Account request to transfer your number to republic wireless. There’s no cost to you and in most cases it happens the same day you request it.

Ok. That’s it for now. Go grab your membership!

bobert1006 1 Bar

I have used the wave checker tool and should have received an BETA notification email. I have checked my spam filter and still nothing. Is there a delay in which some people are getting the emails and others are not? Thanks for your help.

1 Bar

I signed up in November 2011. I rec'd an email notification in March saying to please be patient and I would be notified.  I have heard nothing and when I check my email address, it says I never was on the list!! I have the email I can forward that you sent me in march 2012 to prove I did sign up and have rec'd nothing, have been waiting almost 10 months.  Can someone please address this and how am i suppose to get service.  Please Help!!

thomasf.au16k3 2 Bar

Same this for me, I had to create a new account to get into the forums today though. Still my email address says wave c, but I have no emails from republic, I no idea how to buy a phone and start service. No phone number for republic, and they do not personally answer emails, only auto reply crap. How does one actually become a customer. I went through this in may when I was not receiving emails, and Tiggs said she fixed it. Now I have to add tiggs as a friend again with my new user name, and try to pm her.

c1tobor Ambassador

Sounds like your in the "twilight zone" community.  I could only imagine the frustration if I were in your situation after waiting all this time.  Hope they can straighten things out for you.  It seems some in the D wave are lost in the system also.  Guess wave J might have the kinks worked out, but probably just got further away......

seamus 2 Bar

I am in the same boat you are.  I signed up on the first day and got an email saying sorry, the beta was full and signed up to be notified when the beta was reopened.  Didn't hear anything and then went back in February and put in for notifications again.  Finally received an email on April 25th.  Clinked the link and signed up for a Beta Wave but never got a notice as to which Beta Wave.  Was in the process of changing jobs and moving in May and June.  Sent several emails, only got canned responses.  Finally signed up again in August and have now been assigned to Beta Wave N.  If they don't get to N by the end of October when my contract is up, I think I am going to shop around for something else.

thomasf.au16k3 2 Bar

For some reason, I never get emails from them, and my forum account was deleted. Cant even get to my old PM's

1 Bar

Hi!

I am new, today, to this group and this company.  I just heard about it on T.V.  We now live in British Columbia, CANADA, but we will be moving to Oregon in a year.

My first question is:  Is this service available in B.C., CANADA?

My second question: If this service is not available in CANADA at this time, will I be able to become a customer when we move to Oregon in the fall of 2013?

My third question:  Why can I not participate in the forums?  I tried and a pink box came up that said I did not have permission to use that forum.

Thanx for your help, in advance, and I think this plan is THE WAY TO GO!  Thank you for bringing it forward.

MERI

billmeek Ambassador

The service is currently limited to customers within the USA.  Although customers can call Canada in addition to the USA.

Once you move to the USA, you can then signup for the service.

In order to participate in any section of the community other than "Open mic", you must be a current customer:

Re: Posting permissions 

1 Bar

Hi Bill,

Thank you so very much for your prompt response to my queries.  I guess I will just have to wait to try this promising system out.

What do you foresee on the horizon in the near future regarding this venture?  Do you think it would be feasible to make this system our only phone system?  In other words, do you still see us needing a “landline” when we move to Oregon in the fall of 2013?

Thanx, again!

MERI

billmeek Ambassador

As a user that has not had a home phone in years, I'd say there is a good chance that you could just use Republic Wireless phones rather than having landlines.  The one thing that you'll need to look into is the coverage where you plan on moving in Oregon.  There's still quite a big of that state where there is no cellular service on Sprint and therefore Republic Wireless.

Sprint Coverage Map

Of course, you also have coverage via wifi too.

1 Bar

Thanx, Bill!  I just checked the coverage area and in Florence, Oregon we will have the best coverage if the map is accurate.  If it's that good now, it should be REALLY good when we get there...looking forward to trying the service and lowering our bill!

MERI

1 Bar

Does anyone have any idea when Wave F will be available?

agibson 1 Bar

jeccaj , any news on the upgrades statement below?

"Last but definitely not least: upgrades. Many Wave A people (existing republic members with an Optimus) have asked about getting a DEFY XT. We will have more info shortly, and we hope to have a process ready for you before the end of August. "

396 2 Bar

I haven't figured out how to communicate on this web site.

I received an email telling me " You've been with us since the beginning" and first to get new phone.

and never received notification to get new phone. How are the waves getting one and I haven't?

Please explain.

1 Bar

Hot Spot?  My company requires me to be able to use my phone as a hot spot, when in a hotel that charges, or if I need to do something online in the middle of nowhere.  I have never used a total of 1GB of data yet.  Can I do that on these phones?

1 Bar

RW folks (Jeccaj?)-

Is there any new information for Optimus owners? I seem to be experiencing new connectivity issues almost daily with the Optimus. Although I was hoping for a more exciting phone, at this point the Defy seems like a real improvement from the Optimus.

We're about a week outside the "end of August" time frame for an update. I think the recurring theme from the community is that more information is always appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Bar

Where's my phone????

I got the email back in July about the Motorola Defy.  BUT THERE WAS NO LINK ON THE EMAIL TO CONFIRM.  Now it is going on 60 days - still no offer?

Is the community gonna be able to tell me what "wave" I'm in and when the offer is gonna come?

2 Bar

So, Can we get the specs of the new phone? And has anyone received it yet? Can we get their opinions of how it is going and how they like the service?