16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 1:13 PM by hen999ry RSS

Moto X Voice Mail

va-duck 2 Bar

I can't get voice mail to work on the Moto X. I've read & followed followed a number of similar posts here that seem to end in success for the lucky author... but not me. I've checked that the installed v-mail # is 214 664 9147. I get to the voice set-up ("enter your: name, message, PIN") but can never satisfy that dialog to get out of it on call back.

Each call to v-mail results in the same set-up dialog again - never "You have X messages". I have ALWAYS dialed from the Moto, have both keyed in the number via hand and used the "Hold 1" technique. No doubt operator error, but this operator is now guilty of doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results: the surest sign of stupidity. HELP me out out this infinite loop please.

• Re: Moto X Voice Mail
    wvfisher Ambassador
      va-duck 2 Bar

Yep! The connection TO v-mail works just fine. The problem is that it just keeps running me through the interactive set-up: "To record your name press 1..." etc.

I did notice that the final step on the link supplied is to "Press End". I don't see or hear that option, unless end=hang-up.

masil Ambassador

@va-duck,

Have you tried calling your Moto X from another phone and leaving a message.  If there are no messages, I experience the same behavior you described above, but if there is a message, calling voicemail will play the message I left.

Hope this helps.

phil.scanlan 1 Bar

I'm seeing the exact same behavior as the initial poster. This behavior doesn't seem normal. We ordered 2 phones, and both phones have this behavior. I just get a loop asking for the 3 setup questions, which have already completed. All the settings (for vm# being dialed to, etc), check out.

is this a bug?

if not, how do I access my voice-mail? As of now, I cannot access my voice-mail. And also, I cannot leave a voicemail when I call from a separate phone.

This behavior seems buggy - lmk next steps, this needs to be resolved. btw - I upgraded from DefyXT if that makes a difference

winter128 1 Bar

Same issue...loop of 3 questions.

masil Ambassador

There may not be an issue - are you sure you have any voicemail to retrieve?  If there are no messages in my voicemail, I get the loop of three questions, but if there is a message to retrieve, I hear "you have 1 voicemail" and it works normally.  After I delete the message, it goes back to the setup options.  If you haven't already tried this, try calling your Moto X from another phone and leaving a message, then try calling voicemail to see if it works.

winter128 1 Bar

I can't get by changing my password. I enter the password twice and it fails.....

masil Ambassador

If you're calling to retrieve voicemail from your Moto X, you shouldn't be prompted for a password.  The password is for when you call voicemail from another phone to check your voicemail.  What I'm asking is for you to call your Moto X from a different phone as if you are another caller and leave yourself a message.  Then from your Moto X, press and hold 1 to call voicemail and see if you can retrieve the message.  My apologies if you've already tried this - just trying to help troubleshoot.

hen999ry 2 Bar

This seems like an obvious bug to me: If I have no messages, Moto X Voice Mail asks me to set up a name/greeting/PIN.  It should simply say "You have no messages", like the Defy does.

Before finding this thread, I thought that I had done something wrong in setting up the Moto X.

Does RW intend to fix this?

archmichelle 1 Bar

I too have the same issue, no you're not going crazy.

According to specific step by step instructions set up by katrina.k,

when I dial my mailbox, at the first set of prompts I'm supposed to:

"Press 3 to get to the Advanced Options menu."

When I dial my voicemail, it automatically drops me into advanced options from the start, and every time I call in I get asked: press 1 to record your voice, press 2 to record your greeting, press 3 to set your password.

It doesn't mean the system is not keeping our recordings or passwords every time we call in, the problem is, it's starting within the wrong set of prompts.   It should start with something like: "welcome to your mailbox, you have 2 new messages, press 1 if you want to get your new messages now" or  "welcome to your mailbox, you have no new message.  If you would like advanced options, please press 3"

I too have put in a support ticket.

Please don't take my tone as negative.   I look at the entire republic wireless experience as this:   I signed up to be part of a testing team.   I'm paying very little for my plan, compared to other plans, and this is the trade off.  I actually like this concept, and I'm OOHHHH so excited and happy with my new moto x phone.   I have confidence that with time all the bugs will come to the surface, and will be resolved.  

phil.scanlan 1 Bar

RW Support solved my issue. Not sure what they did, but it worked. worthwhile to note, it immediately obvious that it was working since I still got the 3 questions. However, outside callers could now leave voicemails. Once a vm was left then the 3 questions went away. (When there are no vm's apparently it's normal for the 3 questions).

Anyway, I'm glad RW Support was able to resolve this.

va-duck 2 Bar

Yep - that works Thanks masil!

Though (if I may editorialize to no one in particular, as a former SW weenie) what a damned ODD user interface! The user is left in an infinite loop with NO indication that the process is complete. Sprint - I assume, not poking at RW... love them and the low monthly!

Best,

Wayne