2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 11:52 AM by southpawkb RSS

MOTO X wont connect to 3G

pocketprotector 1 Bar

I have a white MOTO X with the $25.00 plan and today was my first time trying out the 3G aspect. I never got any signal but I know I was in a Sprint 3G area. My second phone is a Black MOTO X but I only have the $10.00 plan on it and it had 3G access. I ended up turning off the data to the black one just so I don't get any additional charges but the white one never worked. how do I fix this problem. the account shows the phone is on the correct plan.

• Re: MOTO X wont connect to 3G
    wvfisher Ambassador

Have you been able to make and receive calls successfully on the Sprint cell network? Or the problem just the 3G data?

contact RW support

Republic Help.

• Re: MOTO X wont connect to 3G
    southpawkb Ambassador

Hi pocketprotector,

I can't fix your problem with the white phone, you should open a Help Request for that.

However, I do want to address what you've done with the black phone:

My second phone is a Black MOTO X but I only have the $10.00 plan on it and it had 3G access. I ended up turning off the data to the black one just so I don't get any additional charges but the white one never worked. how do I fix this problem. the account shows the phone is on the correct plan.

Please turn data back on. Republic Wireless will not charge you extra. Even though you have subscribed to a plan that does not include data, Republic Wireless uses data for some of their hybrid calling/texting features, and they have enabled certain data functions as part of your $10 plan. If you turn data off, you will start to experience issues where the phone does not work properly. For instance, you may experience a high failure rate when trying to make outbound calls in roaming areas.

~~~~~

SouthpawKB, customer since 2011, not a republic wireless employee