7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2013 5:14 PM by southpawkb RSS

Does Technical assistance exist?

tonyrvw 1 Bar

How do you get a response from Technical Assistance? I am new to Republic, I need a PUK to unlock my sim. Have requested it on the 24th but still no response whatsoever. There must be some way, can anyone help?Technical Assistance exist?

• Re: Does Technical assistance exist?
    mchasal Ambassador

Well, there was a holiday in there, so there might be a bit of a delay.

Is this article of any help? SIM Card for Moto X

tonyrvw 1 Bar

That article seems to be partly incorrect. I have locked out my SIM owing to a misunderstanding. All I need is a PUK to input which will unlock it. I made contact on the 24th. I also contacted the order dept on another matter. Almost immediate and helpful response from order dept. Nothing from Tech. I can understand if they don't function on the 25th (Order dept did) but we are now nearly 6 hours int the 26th and still no response at all. Providing a PUK normally takes moments.Without it I have an unusable and unused phone.

Thank you for your interest.

Tony

southpawkb Ambassador

Hi tonyrvw,

Yes, technical assistance through the support staff does actually exist.

While you wait for a response, you should be able to carefully remove the SIM card. It is only used to access 4G. Without it, the phone will function on Wi-Fi, and cellular voice and 3G. (See:Re: Does anyone have any idea how to obtain the PUK code for the MotoX?)

~~~~~

SouthpawKB, customer since 2011, not a republic wireless employee

alien-from-there 1 Bar

I want to buy a used republicwireless defy-xt from ebay.

Will I have any difficulty activating it?

Is there a wifi only plan for the defy-xt?

Thank you all in advance for your help in these matters.

ejb9925 3 Bar

It is not possible to reactivate a Republic Wireless phone that has been decommissioned. There has been a promise that this will be available in the future, but they are not saying when this might happen.

Only the 19.00 plan is available for the Defy.

southpawkb Ambassador

Hi alien-from-there,

No, please do not buy a used DEFY XT from a seller on ebay. Anyone who is selling a Republic Wireless DEFY XT and fails to state that the phone cannot be re-activated at this time is either seriously misinformed, or is misleading you.

There is no process to bring a phone to Republic Wireless at this time. If you want to join, you must purchase from Republic Wireless, or wait until they get that process in place. (It has been promised as the next Big Thing they will accomplish.)

The only plan available for the DEFY XT is the unlimited plan at $19 a month, plus taxes and governmental fees. The Wi-Fi only plan is only available on the Moto X and future phones.

~~~~~

SouthpawKB, customer since 2011, not a republic wireless employee

phoenixtommy 3 Bar

This question was asked a few weeks ago. I remember, at least I think I do, that the default unlock code is 1-2-3-4.

Don't try it more than once as too many attempts will lock you out and require a new SIM card.