12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 11:51 AM by tg314 RSS

Used Phones?

1 Bar

Hello,

I am in Wave I, so I have quite awhile before I will be able to purchase a phone. However, I know that in the preceding 7 waves, you are likely to have some people decide that RW just won't work for them and return their phones. Or they'll have issues with their phones that lead to the phones being returned and refurbished.

My question is: will RW provide the option in later waves to buy a used/refurbished phone at a discount? I love the idea of RW, but it pains me to have to drop $250 in a single payment for a phone. (I'm currently a "dumb phone" user with just talk and text, so most of my phones have either been free or cost $20-30).

• Re: Used Phones?
    bitflung Ambassador

i think this is a good question and i'm interested in the response.

shc 3 Bar

I remember saw the answer before that is they do not have enough phones returned to them thus far.  By the time they have enough returned phone, they will offer it at discounted price.

billmeek Ambassador

Also remember that they will likely keep some of the returned phones to have warranty replacements in hand or to sell for people that have lost or had their phone stolen.

1 Bar

I want to buy used RW phone

billmeek Ambassador

Most people would just be happy to get any Defy XT at this time.

tiggs republicAdmin

At this time only the new phones are available for purchase. It is unknown at this time if we will offer refurbished/used in the future.

ibap 2 Bar

IGNORE this message.  It was intended for another blog and I accidentally put it in the wrong window.

I'm deleting the contents to avoid confusion, but don't think the reply to it by another member is incorrect.

1 Bar

ibap, that was the least helpful answer given. You can't use a non-RW phone on the RW network because it won't have the hardware/firmware or whatever it is that allows it to do the wifi stuff.

ibap 2 Bar

I apologize, as that comment was actually intended for the blog of another Sprint MVNO which I had open at the time I was reading this one (Ting.com).

In their case it is entirely appropriate and accurate.