15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 7:42 PM by sarahd RSS

State of the republic (v. 1, issue 10)

sarahd republicEmployee

We just posted a new State of the republic community update. Read it here and feel free to post your comments below.

• Re: State of the republic (v. 1, issue 10)
    stewie 3 Bar

First!!!! Now I have to go back and read the State of the community update. 

Okay now I've read it... congrats to RW on being awarded the private company of the year.

Too bad there are no jobs that we could apply for that allow us to work from home.

Happy Anniversary!!

Stewie

pkburn Ambassador

I really like the weekly updates.  Thanks again for putting them out there.  Just remember,  a lack of comments doesn't mean that we don't enjoy or appreciate the updates.  Keep em  coming.  Thanks

2 Bar

Glad to hear the dual band phone has entered the lab. Look forward to purchasing it soon =)

shc 3 Bar

Once dual-band DEFY XT 556 becomes available, will republic wireless be able to sell to all prospective customers waiting for dual-band DEFY XT 556 at once, or republic wireless will sell dual-band DEFY XT 556 by waves again?

cbwahlstrom Ambassador

Any status on OTA update?

bobbyg 3 Bar

Sarah, thank you for the update.

eaglepoint 2 Bar

So you mentioned the Dual Band Defy Xt's have only just entered the lab. Well, thats a little disconcerting given that RW has promised the Dual Bands to be out before the end of the year. That gives you guys about 45 days to get the dual bands out to those who have been waiting, yet it just entered the lab to begin testing? It took over 6 months to distribute the single band XT's with waves continually opening at a snail's pace, is there some sort of drastically different plan to get the dual bands out 'when they are ready'?

southpawkb Ambassador

You have asked a question everyone is eager to hear the answer to, but for the sake of fairness, the info you've provided as you asked is a little off base.

RW has promised the Dual Bands to be out before the end of the year. That gives you guys about 45 days to get the dual bands out to those who have been waiting,

I don't think republic wireless has ever suggested (or promised) they would have the phones in people's hands by the end of the year, only that their goal is to have them "available" by then.

eaglepoint wrote:

It took over 6 months to distribute the single band XT's

It took 3.5 months to go through the waves, not 6.

with waves continually opening at a snail's pace,

They didn't "continually" open at a snail's pace - in fact, they decreased the amount of time between wave openings until multiple waves were opening in the same weeks.

Still, as I said, you've asked a good question. I hope they'll provide an answer soon. 

~~~~~

SouthpawKB, Optimus owner, not a republic wireless employee

g 3 Bar

I posted elsewhere that based on an older report & what they did in terms of lab time, that it would be approximately 6 weeks before it was out of the lab. So that still gets us in by the end of the year with availability. I earlier guessed that it would be by mid-December & am still hoping for that! Now who it would be available to & what the process would be is still to be announced.

jimmychurch 3 Bar

Sarah,

Can you tell us what the plan is to open sales to new customers, in later waves, that decided to wait for the dual band Defy? That is, are we looking at a second set of Waves? Will we all be sent a message for all to apply at once? Understand that the phone just entered the lab for testing, but would think with a possibility of lab testing being completed in the not to distant future, that a plan would be in place.

sarahd republicEmployee

I am locking this thread since the new State of the republic is out. Please discuss on the new thread here.