6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 10:18 AM by jimmychurch RSS

How long does it take to get the phone?

radclidr 1 Bar

My status is "Preordered", I ordered on 11/21/2012.  I was in Wave "E" I think, but I think maybe Republic thinks I am totally new (not in any Wave).

Thanks, SuperDave

• Re: How long does it take to get the phone?
    2 Bar

They originally said pre orders will ship within four weeks.

If this holds true, your phone should ship by December 19.

Orders placed from here on out are set at two weeks.

jimmychurch 3 Bar

People in Waves E and before are beginning as of today to receive phones. The other phones ordered about the same time you listed will possibly receive phones in the next two weeks, hopefully less.

carlh 5 Bar

Did you write (after typo correction) that people in "Waves E and before are beginning as of today to receive phones"?

If anyone had received a dual band, we'd likely see all kinds of joyful postings - and those aren't happening.  [EDIT: I see now where someone from wave A wrote about FedEx delivering a dual band today, which I find surprising.  It appears only one person has reported that, and there's some question whether he got a single or dual band phone.]

IIRC the republic prediction for Wave B-E replacement phones, when they began taking trade-in orders on Dec 6, was 2 weeks (6+14=20).    Of course they predicted 4 weeks for pre-orders on Nov 20 (20+4 weeks=18).   So I would hope for the 18th or sooner, but certainly not next week.